Friday, July 2, 2010

my first complaint

yep. it took one day. my very first patient of my career complained. she told the clinic director that i didn't listen to her and i rolled my eyes at her. i suppose the second is entirely possible, but i know i didn't mean anything by it. but believe that i listened - and i remember. anyone who knows me well knows that!

what she actually didn't like was that i didn't treat her problem the way she wanted me to. i wanted to investigate her problem and she wanted a quick fix. a quick fix that i thought would be dangerous. my attending stood by me. and so did the clinic director. i acknowledged what i might have done wrong. i accepted criticism on day 2.

did i forget to mention i stayed late on my very first day to fill out paperwork for this lovely lady??

No comments:

Post a Comment