Thursday, January 10, 2008

Second day

I now sit in my deserted office because it is after 2:30 and the academic day goes from about 10-2. Except for me.

I am waiting to teach at 3:30 and then again at 5. Let me be clear. I am thrilled, THRILLED, with my teaching schedule. 4 classes (so full-time woot woot) and they are all the same (so one prep woot woot). Unfortunately everyone I know is done by 12, so they run like bats out of hell.

I would normally plan, but I taught this class twice yesterday and it went well. WHy mess with it?

I have read a one million page article called "Global Transformations and Intimate Relations in the 21st Century: Social Science Research on Sexuality and the Emergence of Sexual Health and Sexual Rights Frameworks". A decent, if slightly long explanation of the current state of research on sexuality and the negative and positive use of rights in efforts toward freedom in sexuality. Why am I reading this?? Well, first because I am sitting in on a "Language and Sexuality" class and second because it is cool. It also reminds me of graduate school. Later tonight I must also conquer "Sociolinguistic Horizons: Language and Sexuality".

Ok, now I will go study anatomy some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment